Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The MAC Chronicles: Part II

Now Playing: Bob Marley "Could You Be Loved"

Hi, gorgeous babies!

So I finally turned in my application to MAC! It's a first step to a very long process. I'm very particular about how I turn in applications. The man I needed to talk to was never there when I came to turn it in, so I kept it with me. I want for him to read my application and remember my face. I think that's so important.

I usually make sure my makeup is always on point, but I really wanted to make sure I looked good on Monday. It was raining, which was a good thing because the sun wouldn't have a chance to melt my makeup before I got in the mall. I walked up to him and handed my application, and watched him take a look at it.

"I'm gonna be real honest with you," he said. "We're almost NEVER hiring. Because nobody ever leaves. But that's a good thing for us because it goes to show how great a company MAC is to work for." I told him I understood. He asked me who the employee was who referred me and I gave the name. I think that was also important because remembering names is a big deal. We encounter people all day, every day. If you can remember one or two people that you didn't know before, that says a lot about you, in my opinion. I also remembered his name, and made sure he knew it.

But here was the kicker: He said, "Your makeup is BEAUTIFUL. I'm sure you do gorgeous makeup for people, too." Then he made a special note of that on my application! I was gushing and so appreciative. When I tell you guys I was near tears...it seems like such a small thing, but to be told that my makeup looks great by someone who is a professional and gets paid to do this everyday meant so much. And of course, that can only help when the time comes that they ARE hiring. He also said, "You wouldn't believe how many women come in to apply for MAC with no makeup on." I couldn't believe that. How do you expect to get noticed?! But, whatever. I looked great.

He told me what to expect with the hiring process, which I already knew about, and he encouraged me to keep practicing, which I already do every day. I've been pretty persistent with the workers there, and I'm sure most of them know my face. I'm gonna keep popping in just to keep myself known, and I'm also going to make phone calls regularly to make sure if there is a free spot, I can slip in the cracks.

Wish me luck, guys!

Ta-ta, sexies!
F.A.B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home