Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Currently Foaming Over...

Listening to: "Gibberish" by Ryan Leslie

Hello, fellow Fashion Seizurettes! 
Currently Foaming Over...is a part of my blog where I dish over my favorite makeup/hair and fashion combos. You know, like the smoky eye/LBD combo, the onyx leather jacket/ red lipstick combo...You get the idea. 

Today I thought I'd start posting about my current makeup and fashion combo, which is the Bright Blush + Hippie Chick look. Lately the runways have been brimming with bright colors, and they haven't stopped short of the face. Now, I'm sure most people are squeamish when it comes to taking a runway look to real life, but this look is totally doable, I promise. As a girl of color, I find that Cargo's Blush in Laguna works totally well for me. It's super intimidating in the adorable little tin it comes in; it looks orange, but on darker skintones (think Iman or Kerry Washington) it looks divine. I also love Lorac's Blush/Bronzer Duo in Hot Flash. The packaging is ca-yute. You open it up and it's a half super bright pinky blush, half I'm-from-Brazil bronzer, and underneath that is a neat and fluffy brush with which to sweep on the delightful hues! (I'd been coveting this one for a looong time, and I only use it every now and then because it's my special-occasion blush!) Lighter-complected Seizurettes can find that they might like MAC's Blush in Foolish Me, which is great and peachy, or something rosy, like Stila Convertible Color in Lilium, a creamy formula that you can also sweep over eyes and lips. 

To achieve bright blush, make sure that's the only thing standing out on your face. Skip eyeliner, or if you do wear it, opt out of black--try dark brown instead (lighter complextions--try light brown!). Skip the bright lipstick or gloss, too--this look is all about the cheeks. Also, make sure your face is well-exfoliated and flawless. Since your cheeks (and thus your face) is the main thing of this look, it's easy to spot a blemish. I like lots of mascara to sex up eyes (I'm currently in love with Sexy Curves Mascara by Rimmel), and for lips, I like nude (try NP Set by Napoleon Perdis Lip Gloss in Mauritius-- you can find this at Target stores). 



The naturally sexy flushy look of the bright blush looks great with my equally current obsession with the hippie chick look. Braids, flowers, hairbands and wide-legged trousers are back in a really cool way. I like to pair a tough-girl vest with a good-girl dress (I like the T-back tribal print dress from Pink Ice, below) for a really neat look. Add handmade (or at least handmade-looking) baubles, gladiator sandals, and a groovy hat, and the look is complete. To avoid looking like the Olsen twins, if you're wearing loose-fitting pants, wear a form-fitting shirt, and vice versa. We want to channel Homewreckin' Hottie, not Homeless Hobo.





Now I'm dying to know what you guys are currently foaming over! Tell me some of your favorite beauty and fashion combos that you swear by. Looking forward to your comments! 

Ta ta, 
Brittney







Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home